Precisely, it has been a month and a week since the SPM result was announced. And to my own surprise, I actually feel all right.
I literally thought my life was going to be over! Haha, considering the high hopes and expectations people put on me, the thought of not succeeding was terrifying. It's true what they say, life goes on. It really does.
It has been a month and a week. How time flies. I still remember how I felt like I wanted to cry my eyes out if my name wasn't called by the teachers. I may sound a little self-centered there, but my studies play an exceedingly significant role in my life. Back in high school, I didn't really play sports (Trust me, I would if given the chance. It was highly competitive, and the fact that I was a lazy bum didn't help), I didn't go for camping when I was actually a scout so I was practically an inactive member.. I literally had no valid reason for not succeeding academically.
It's like, if I didn't succeed academically, I was going to have nothing to be proud of or to be happy for. Yes, to that extent. It matters so much to me.
As luck would have it, after quite a long wait, my name was called. Alhamdulillah. He has always been fair to all of us. To those who work hard, He gives them what they deserve to earn. As for me, I didn't work hard from the start, hence it's all my fault.
I studied at the very last minute. I started working my ass off approximately two months before SPM. That's insane, alright. To memorize the 2 years syllables in a short period of time and make sure you don't forget any of them, are difficult. Thank Allah, I'm blessed with a good memory when it comes to my studies. Therefore, studying at the last minute worked for me.
One night before SPM I was still finishing exam practice papers and doing my revision while all the successful people were getting ready to get their beauty sleep. See, procrastination is such a bad habit. To my juniors, please study hard while you get the chance to do it. It's never too early to have goals in your life. Have dreams and hopes. Afterwards, don't forget to have faith :-)
7As and 4Bs.
A+ for English, Bahasa Melayu, Sejarah & Pendidikan Al-Quran & As-Sunnah.
A for Maths.
A- for Biology and Add Maths.
B+ for Chemistry, Physics, Pendidikan Syariah Islamiah, and Bahasa Arab.
I get so amazed seeing people who got straight A+s! I mean, how do you cope with those subjects? With your least favorite subject, especially. Or do you love all subjects equally.. I guess perseverance and determination helped a lot, ey?
All in all, I'm grateful. I'd like to express my profound gratitude to Allah, for everything. For letting me breathe, for letting me live a good life despite the countless sins I've committed, despite everything He knows about me. Truly, Allah is Most Gracious, Most Merciful. Being a muslim is a blessing itself :-)
To my parents, thank you so much for bearing with my annoying attitude, my mood swings, my endless wants and needs.. Thank you for fulfilling all my wishes while you can, thank you for loving me & forgiving me for every mistake I did, thank you for always, always being there for me. To my siblings, thank you for bringing back the joy when I could barely smile, thank you for always being there for me, too. All of you have seen me at my worst, and still love me the same.
To my best friends, thank you so much for being the light in the dark, for wiping my tears (not literally though ahahah), for supporting me, for loving me despite the fact that I can be SO annoying, and accepting me for all my flaws. Without a doubt, I'm going to love all of you forever. I will never forget you, no matter how far we may live from each other in the future, and no matter how many children you will give birth to :-p
And to my man, thank you for always making me happy. You make me feel special, like my existence matters a lot. Despite the fights we have had, you still love me the same. Can't be thankful enough for that. Thank you for your patience. Thank you for refusing to give up on us, for giving me another chance every time I mess up. No matter how much you make me angry and upset and annoyed (and vice versa), we still love each other the same okay? I hope our dreams will come true, and I hope fate will never collide with them :-)
Here's to a step closer to my future. Next chapter, please.

