About Me

My photo
I'm the kind of girl who gets your jokes even if they're dirty and still laughs the loudest even when she's upset. I love pink dolphins, wedges and dresses. In the mean time, action games, football and cars still look unbelievably interesting to me. I think intelligence is sexy.

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Recipes I've tried and tested.

These recipes worked for me, and I'm honestly really grateful for these websites/blogs for providing such great recipes. They really helped me.

Before coming to NZ, I was all about baking, and I could not cook any Malay dishes, not even the simple sambal. Surprise surprise! Now I can cook rendang & laksa from scratch, as well as many other Malay dishes.. I'm grateful and beyond happy for being able to improve myself significantly in cooking. Credits to my mom, my friends (for eating my cooking), and these websites/blogs.

I know it can be overwhelming for a beginner to go through Google results and decide which recipe is foolproof. I hope I would help anyone who is looking to make any of these & need a good recipe.

Red velvet cupcakes
http://nabeyl.blogspot.co.nz/2012/01/red-velvet-cupcake-craze.html

Tiramisu
http://honeykoyuki.blogspot.co.nz/2011/05/resipi-tiramisu.html

Potato salad
http://honeykoyuki.blogspot.co.nz/2012/07/resipi-potato-salad.html

Chicken fajita quesadilla
http://www.buzzfeed.com/robertbroadfoot/turn-it-up-a-notch-and-make-these-easy-chicken-fajitas#.ur74OPzee

Easy chicken gravy
http://www.foodgeeks.com/recipes/easy-chicken-gravy-19219

Lemon chicken
http://rasamalaysia.com/lemon-chicken/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TTZZhYZ7mY

Apple crumble
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrDuAfSvFM8

French toast
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/7016/french-toast-i/

Churros
http://www.justataste.com/easy-homemade-churros-chocolate-sauce-recipe/

Ayam masak merah, daging masak hitam, kari ayam, ayam masak blackpepper & ayam masak kicap
(1) http://aziejaya.blogspot.com & (2) http://aziekitchen.blogspot.com

Butter chicken (original recipe used prawns, but I like chicken. The recipe is versatile! I have to thank Huda, she passed this recipe to me)
http://rencahhidupku.blogspot.co.nz/2013/05/udang-goreng-butter-basah.html

Donut - Malaysian style (it turned out so soft and fluffy!)
http://aziejaya.blogspot.co.nz/2012/07/resepi-ii-donut-yang-gebu-gebana.html

Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauce
https://www.chelsea.co.nz/browse-recipes/sticky-date-pudding-butterscotch-sauce/

Chocolate chip cookies
https://www.chelsea.co.nz/browse-recipes/chocolate-chip-cookies-1666/

Avocado toast with poached egg
https://nowcookit.co.uk/recipes/avo-toast



Vegan recipes (Vegan - containing no animal products; plant-based)

Vegan creamy garlic lemon pepper pasta
http://www.blissfulbasil.com/vegan-creamy-garlic-lemon-pepper-pasta/

Vegan mac & cheese
http://veganyumminess.com/creamy-vegan-mac-and-cheese/

Vegan chocolate chip cookies
http://www.dailyrebecca.com/2013/03/the-best-vegan-chocolate-chip-cookies/

Vegan chocolate slice / brownie
http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/11883/vegan-chocolate-slice.aspx

[This list will be updated regularly]

Disclaimer: 9 out of 10 times, I adjust the recipes to my liking. When a certain ingredient is not available, I'd google for substitutes.