No, I'm not saying that my 2015 summer break wasn't as great. The 2016 summer break just holds a special place in my heart - because I spent it at home.
I should be ashamed to admit this, but I slept in my parents' bedroom every night. I know. I was pretty scared to sleep alone. Why? I could give you 1001 reasons but we both know they are merely excuses.
Here's a solid reason though...
I've missed being a child - having to ask your parents for permission for anything, not having utter freedom (my say doesn't count unless my parents approve of it), being cared for (meals, laundry, new undies? All handed to you at no cost), not having to care about finding a job (basically, not having to think of adult problems), the list goes on. My childhood was not perfect in the sense where I did not have perfect grades, no extra skill classes every other day, and I can't name any sports that I truly loved or played more than several times. I can't remember what my actual hobbies were, but I think I spent a lot of time reading novels/magazines, playing online games (mom and dad absolutely hated the fact that I spent way too much time on the computer hahaha), playing toys..? Yeah, my siblings and I are a playful bunch. :D
Come to think of it.. Mom and Dad, if I could do it all over again, I swear I'd be a better child. Hahaha. Anyway, despite everything I just described, I love my childhood as it was. And last summer, I got to experience parts of it again.
Weekdays
My parents (especially my dad) woke me up every day for work, and he prepared breakfast, and waited downstairs while my mom, my siblings and I got dressed. My parents always waited for me to go to work - they would stand at the door, and waved at me as I drove out of the driveway. Since I was an Audit intern, I usually came home later than my parents - and they always waited for me to have dinner together (which I always felt bad for, and after a while I specifically asked them not to wait anymore). At the dining table we talked about our day, and we'd pay attention to one another. After which, we went straight to bed.
Weekends
I grew up reserving the weekends for family time. Hence, every time a friend asked me to go to any event on the weekend I usually didn't go.. Lol. My weekends were filled with family time too, last summer - except a few weekends where I had to meet my friends because there's no other available time..
I wish there was someone out there who would selflessly listen to me talk about this kind of stuff for hours. That's why I chose to retain this Blog. It makes me feel like I'm sharing my stories with a dear friend.
