About Me

My photo
I'm the kind of girl who gets your jokes even if they're dirty and still laughs the loudest even when she's upset. I love pink dolphins, wedges and dresses. In the mean time, action games, football and cars still look unbelievably interesting to me. I think intelligence is sexy.

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Started my day right.

Assalamualaikum and good morning to everyone!

I'm in the best mood right now, and I'm surprised by how easy it is to be happy. Last night, I made the decision to ignore whatever work I had (which is due next week, by the way) and slept super early. I slept before 9pm, and I woke up at like, 4am.

Now, after weeks and weeks of staying up and always waking up later than I wanted, I'm feeling exceedingly grateful for waking up early today. It served as a reminder for my lazy ass - that I should make it a habit to sleep early.

I have always loved waking up early because it puts me in the best mood, and my day usually ends up being very productive. I guess that's why Islam has always encouraged muslims to wake up early (gotta pray Fajr, right?). And if you read articles on successful, rich people around the world - you'd notice that most of them share a habit - they start their day early.

I love my parents for instilling the value in me. Growing up, my parents always, always scolded me when I woke up late.. I'd wake up to my mom's footsteps towards my room, lol. I was especially scared of her hahaha. Last summer, though, my dad was the one who usually woke me up. He didn't have to shout, nor call me a million times (I usually had to set plenty of alarms because.. I'm a heavy sleeper). All he had to do was say my name, and tell me it was time to wake up. 

Life is so easy with your parents around, right?!

I hope I'll be able to uphold the value. I'm a creature of habit, anyway. I should be able to. InshaAllah.

No more staying up, yes?