About Me

My photo
I'm the kind of girl who gets your jokes even if they're dirty and still laughs the loudest even when she's upset. I love pink dolphins, wedges and dresses. In the mean time, action games, football and cars still look unbelievably interesting to me. I think intelligence is sexy.

Sunday, January 5, 2020

29 December 2019. Love.

It's another important date that I'll remember forever.

It's the day I got engaged to the love of my life - my high school sweetheart, my boyfriend since I was 14, my confidant, my best friend, my partner in crime.

The few weeks leading up to this date were filled with never-ending house chores. I have no one to thank but my amazing parents, who had gone above and beyond to ensure that the engagement party would go well, or "majlis kesyukuran" if it was up to them. Of course I had to make it sound a bit more western, haha.

To this day, I have yet to find a suitable adjective that could describe how amazing my parents truly are. They are everything a child could pray for. So selfless, their love is like no other. I could only thank Allah for such a huge blessing in my life; for giving me the chance to be loved the way my parents love me. 

Alhamdulillah for the roof over my head, the food, the amazing family, the loving fiancé, the supportive friends, the job with a positive environment, the opportunity for education.. and the list goes on. Truly, I am blessed with more than I could ever ask for. Allah is Ar-Rahman and Ar-Rahim - Maha Pemurah lagi Maha Penyayang.

I must be more thankful. I have no excuse not to be.

My engagement party was perfect. We had a beautiful dais, I wore a beautiful dress which fit me perfectly, I loved my makeup, and everybody complimented the food. No complaints. My parents were happy, too. What a relief that everything went just as planned. The most memorable thing was when our big families met, and when Mama held my hand & accompanied me to my dais.. And when Papa, unexpectedly, put a ring on my fiancĂ©'s hand. I love him even more for doing that.  My best friends were there for me, too. Special thanks to Fart Camp for arriving early just to acompany me. Alhamdulillah.

My parents told me that they performed solat hajat the night before the engagement party in order to ensure that everything would go well. I think it's their prayer that got answered. For that, I am truly thankful to Allah.

As happy as I am about my engagement, a part of me is a little terrified and sad that my life will have to change.. like, a lot. Although I agree with the saying "change is the only constant", I wish time didn't have to pass by so fast. I'm still my parents' firstborn who is undeniably the most manja in the family since I have spent the most time with my parents. My parents pamper me like crazy, and although I don't do much for them now, I feel like they sorta depend on me emotionally - just like how their presence makes me happy, my presence makes them happy, too. Also, my parents know they can talk to me about anything, and they usually do just that. Sometimes I miss them even though we live under one roof. I still feel like it was just yesterday that I slept in my parents' bedroom together with my siblings. Now my siblings are all grown-ups - one is studying abroad, and the other two are in uni. And we sleep in our own rooms now. How time flies.

Life is so short. It really is. 

Come to think of it, I am so used to having my parents around.. As I didn't go to a boarding school, I actually spent 19.5 years di bawah ketiak parents. Minus 4.5  years because I pursued my studies in Melaka, NZ, and.. 5 months in a boarding school in Mersing, lol. I truly regret those times when I argued with my parents and refused to talk to them overnight. Now, whenever we are together, I want to talk to them about anything and everything. Even a few minutes with them would make my day. It's truly magical that a few minutes of their attention could have that power. I guess that's just love.

Papa and Mama,

I don't know if you'll ever get to read this, but I hope I have made it super obvious that I truly, really, madly love you. My love for the two of you is limitless and unconditional. Without your love, your kindness, your compassion, your selflessness, your prayers, your blessings, your relentlessness, I could never in a million years, be where I am today. Allah has blessed me tremendously through your existence as well as your love and sacrifices. To say that I am exceedingly thankful would be an understatement.

Papa and Mama,

I am also taking this chance to say that I am truly sorry if I haven't lived up to your expectations, or if I haven't been the best daughter to you. I am trying my best, and if my best isn't enough, I sincerely apologise. I could never be as amazing as you are, but I am trying to prove my love for you through actions, and it has been very challenging. I wish it came naturally to me, as it did to you. I hope I will always get to be there for you through the good and bad times, and I hope I will always be there next to you whenever you need me, and even when you don't need me, because I will, without a doubt, always need you by my side. I will always need and want you with me, Papa & Mama. I hope someday I'll be able to repay you for everything. Every. Single. Thing.

I'll always feel indebted to you, and for that, I hope you know that you can always count on me, even when I have my own children, and even when I get busy with work or my little family. Papa & Mama, I know how selfless the two of you can be, and that you don't ever want to burden your children with anything. But please, please know that I would drop everything just to be there for you. I pray to Allah that I will never abandon you in times of need.. I don't ever want to disappoint you nor make you sad, Papa & Mama. The least I can do as a child is to be there for you.

I love the two of you so much and I pray that Allah would repay the two of you with tons of blessings in Jannah, together forever. Aamiin. 

I love you so much Papa and Mama. I'm sorry if I don't say it as often as I should. 

Ya Allah.

I only want Jannah for Mama and Papa. For Aunty Bibi and Uncle Yazid as well - I have grown to love them as my own parents. I hope Hanif will love my parents the way he loves his, too. 

May Allah guide us to become good Muslims so that we can all be in Jannah together.

Amin.

p.s. For some reason, whenever I write about my parents, or his parents, I would end up in tears. May Allah bless them and ease all their tasks.