I get it, I'm an SPM leaver and I've left PMR for more than two years now. Most of my peers are giving away their SPM tips, but I'm not confident enough to do so since I haven't got my SPM result yet.. It keeps giving me butterflies!
Well, let's go back to the main topic, PMR. So, most of the asks I got on Tumblr were regarding PMR, asking for the tips and whatnot. Okay, here you go! From yours truly :-)
Tuition. Personally, I was never the kind of person who could stand going to school in the morning and tuition in the evening. I tried going to tuition, but it didn't improve my result so I stopped a few months afterwards. Here's the thing, the secret to studying well is 100% focus. If you think tuition helps you understand better, then go for it. If you're like me, then study on your own. 2 hours a day are enough if you focus, but if you like taking short breaks, make it more than 2 hours. It really depends on you. You better start studying early as in now, because the earlier you prepare yourself, the less stressed you feel when the exam is around the corner.
Another secret to doing well in exams is by getting used to the questions that are usually tested. Nothing unusual, they're all about what you've learned. Past year questions, PMR clone questions.. Buy only the exercise books that you are interested in, and finish them. It's easier to do something when you like it. For essays, widen your vocabulary by reading novels/newspaper/any good book. When you come across a word that you don't know of, find its meaning in the dictionary, or google it. That's what Internet was invented for. Master your grammar! My guess is that you're always on the Internet so why not use it for something that will benefit you? Google stuff like bombastic english words, grammar, or anything you want to learn instead of the usual Tumblr and Twitter..
To avoid you from feeling bored,
To avoid you from feeling bored,
SO CUTE.
Whenever you feel like giving up, remember that hard work pays off. Ignore those who tell you that PMR isn't important. If you do well in PMR, you're the one who will feel good about yourself and make your parents proud. So, it's your call. I'm not saying that PMR is everything because believe me, it's not and once you are in the upper form, you'll wonder why you studied so hard for PMR. However, I should tell you that some of the basics for Add Maths are in the Maths Form 3 syllabus. Sejarah Form 3 is quite related to Sejarah Form 4 and 5. What else? Hmm.
Moving on to.. Patience! I'm highlighting that word because throughout this year, you will feel stressed, sad, tired and so much more. Keep calm and study! When you're stressed, express your feelings through writing, whatever. As long as you're not bottling your feelings up. If you hate zits, don't be stressed!
Last but not least, pray a lot. You can only depend on Allah, for He is all-knowing, He knows how you feel without you telling Him. He knows everything, even your future. Study hard, do your best in exam, be tawakkal and pray hard. Allah knows what's best for you, always put your 100% trust in Him.
Hope this motivates you!
I think that's all. Bittawfeeq wannajah! Good luck.
You can do this.


