About Me

My photo
I'm the kind of girl who gets your jokes even if they're dirty and still laughs the loudest even when she's upset. I love pink dolphins, wedges and dresses. In the mean time, action games, football and cars still look unbelievably interesting to me. I think intelligence is sexy.

Thursday, December 25, 2014

A makeup review.

This is definitely a first! I have never reviewed any makeup stuff in public before, mainly because nobody ever asked for it hahaha. People only asked me about my skincare products... Hmm hahaha. Anyway, hello, fellow makeup junkies! Or non-makeup junkies!

PS: I still belong in the Newbie group.

First and foremost, I have confessions to make.

  1. I rarely wear foundations & compact powders. By rarely, I mean only during formal occasions.. And I do not attend many formal occasions.. Yep. I usually go to class barefaced. The only makeup product I use would be a lip balm. And sometimes, Johnson's baby powder.
  2. I do not wear blushers/cheek stains.. I'm scared that they would cause pimples.
  3. I do not wear primers, too. For no specific reason.
  4. I do not pluck my brows because.. harrrrraammmm la sister. 
  5. If there is one thing I know about contouring, it'd be that it makes your face look really nice in photos.. With high (and obvious) cheekbones and such.
  6. BASICALLY, the only makeup products I use are eyeliner, mascara, eyeshadow, brow liner, and lipstick. 
AND that is why I belong in the Newbie group hahahah.

Anyway,
I am currently using these!

List of products (and my review lol):

  • Eyeko Alexa Chung eye do mascara & liquid eyeliner
For people with short eyelashes, I do not recommend the mascara. It makes your eyelashes clump.. That happened to me. And it is so hard to take off! It's indeed waterproof- and that can be either good or bad, depending on the individual, and the situation haha. I love the liquid eyeliner though, I'd give it a 3.5/5 because right now I think the tip dried off and I can't use it anymore??? And it has only been two days.. I'm still looking for ways to fix the problem.

  • Eyeko brow liner
4.5/5 rating because it makes my brows look natural. Nobody wants to look like they are trying too hard, alright. However they do not really help with stubborn brows hahah you'd need a spoolie brush, I guess.. Maybe, instead of the brow liner, go for the brow gel. I heard it works wonders. 


  • NARS Audacious lipstick in Rita
Hands down, THE BEST LIPSTICK EVER. The formula is great (not too creamy, not too matte) ugh I'm looking forward to purchase more Audacious lipsticks, but they are pricey, so I'm still hesitating haha. It stays on for hours, and the lipstick does not dry out my lips. That's a plus. It is VERY pigmented. That's also a plus. I actually bought two Audacious lipsticks, in Rita and Audrey. I originally bought Rita for my mom, but she said it was too bright for her :( We switched, and she ended up with my favourite Audrey. Tsk. Hahaha I want a new one, grrr. There are like 40 shades to choose from???? I think every girl should have at least one of these. Mhmm as for me, I want a nude shade but I'm gonna have to buy a lip liner. I do not like lip liners lol so I usually go for colours that are darker than my lips.

  • Too Faced Melted liquified long wear lipstick in Nude
I love, love the packaging hahah. It is so cute, ugh. Anyway, the color is nice (can be a bit too light for some people, though. You better try it on first) and the matte formula is not drying, but make sure to scrub your lips & wear lip balm beforehand heheh. I always put on lip balm every night to avoid dry lips (unless I fall asleep then zzz. Here's a suggestion: go for Burt's bees! They have great lip balms).

  • Revlon Just Bitten Kissable balm stain in Honey Deuce
My favourite! I use this on a daily basis (except on my lazy days). It gives my lips the 'healthy pink' colour haha. I don't need to apply a lot of it and I do not need to reapply after a few hours. That's a definite plus. OH. And it's cheap. And widely available in drugstores yay! 

  • Stila In The Light palette
My first eyeshadow palette, ever. I bought it myself, hehe. I love the palette! The eyeshadows are pigmented and the colours are very attractive. I like smokey eye makeup and the natural makeup look. And of course, the no makeup makeup look. Hahaha though it is pretty pointless to wear makeup, only to look like you're not wearing any. The palette is almost a year old :/ Thus, next eyeshadow palette: Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette!!!!!

Mmm, UP NEXT:

My lip products!! The amount of lip products I have are not even.. a lot. See. I do not qualify as a makeup hoarder. Nope. Please tell my friends and family that I'm not as obsessed as they think, lol.

"I need a new lipstick" is probably one of my favourite lines. I say it when I'm bored, when I'm in my shopping mood, and when exams are near.. Idk man, exams make me feel like I need to shop. Thus, exams are not good for me and my wallet. Please abolish exams kthanksbye.

Anyway, I arranged my lipsticks based on their prices hahah. From left, the most expensive, to right, the cheapest. NARS produces high-end makeup products and they are of very high quality, thus one must not complain about the prices of its products. Haha since I've commented on the too faced melted lipstick, let's move on to Clinique Intense chubby sticks! I was obsessed with chubby sticks for a year, until I decided to go matte. The chubby sticks are pigmented, and moisturising, but they are not long-wearing. Hmm. And they slide off easily. Mmm, not good for babies like me (note: I really do eat like a baby. I'm pretty clumsy, too). Next, the Revlon chubby sticks! They are okay. I like them because they are cheap. Oh, not the matte balm though- I think it is too.. dry. NYX soft matte lip creams! The ones that are always sold out in Sephora nationwide hahaha. I like them, for only an hour.. After an hour I usually wipe them off, I don't know why. Maybe because sometimes they can be drying, too.

Below the lipsticks are the lip glosses, the ones that I NEVER use. Hahaha I do not know why I even have these. If there is anyone who wants my lip glosses, please contact me. I'm happy to give them away.


That's enough about makeup! Any questions, feel free to ask me through my Tumblr. Good night.